Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network LAN/WAN Administrator
- Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
- Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems
- Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Monitoring LAN/WAN-related systems to proactively identify performance and operational issues
- Documenting and implementing approved configuration changes
- Managing access control lists and networking equipment
- Performing routine maintenance on network-related components and equipment
Description: Increasingly complex and progressiveexperience in implementing, administering, performing testing and analyzingnetwork systems.
Description: Must have experience with current technologies and where required forthe task, emerging technologies
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtainingall required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by thegovernment (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through theduration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certificationswill result in disqualification for this position and could result intermination.
- Currentand relevant CCNA
- DoDD8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- Workwill be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based onclient requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
- Sittingat desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting andcarrying boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sittingwhile on PC/laptop or phone.
- Generaloffice equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop,and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches, routers and othercomputer equipment that supports the IT infrastructure.
- Workassignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be ableto work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
- On-Callor after hours' support may be required
- Youmay be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or otherconditions when others are not permitted to work
- Youmay be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
- Continentaland Oversees travel may be required. Itis important to maintain a current passport.
- Employmentis contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframespecified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintainingrequired certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure toobtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification forthis position and could result in termination.
- Candidatemust exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosterscooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organizedwith the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple taskssimultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicateverbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government,military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interfaceeffectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming anddress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must notpose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- Theposition for which you are applying for requires a US government securityclearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if youpossess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), inorder to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish yourcitizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.