Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
- Provides systems Administrator support to systems hosting complex operational databases, software configuration control, and system interfaces for computer systems
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
Required Education: Associate degree;significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Description: Systems Administrator experience or8 years supporting complex end user desktop and mobile device support.
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtainingall required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by thegovernment (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through theduration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certificationswill result in disqualification for this position and could result intermination.
- MCSArelevant to the candidate's work area or VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- DoDD8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- Workwill be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be acubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dimlighting).
- Positionwill require some night and weekend work.
- Sittingat desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting andcarrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while onPC/laptop or phone.
- Generaloffice equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop,and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computerequipment used to support network operations.
- Workassignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be ableto work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
- Positioncould require after hours' support.
- Youmay be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or otherconditions when others are not permitted to work
- Youmay be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency orexercises
- Continentaland Oversees travel may be required. Itis important to maintain a current passport.
- Employmentis contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframespecified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintainingrequired certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintainrequired certifications will result in disqualification for this position andcould result in termination.
- Candidatemust exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosterscooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organizedwith the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple taskssimultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicateverbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government,military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interfaceeffectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming anddress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must notpose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- Theposition for which you are applying for requires a US government securityclearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if youpossess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), inorder to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish yourcitizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.