Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transmission & Distribution Supervisor
As the Transmission & Distribution Department Supervisor you will supervise the operation and maintenance of the distribution system activities including hydrant installation and repairs, valve exercising and replacements, meter box installation and repairs, meter repairs or change outs, and line flushing. Working with other members of our team you will diagnose operating problems and direct effective corrective procedures, inspect distribution system to determine efficiency of operations, cleanliness, and maintenance activities as well as determine remedial actions in emergencies. You will also conduct and enforce best practices related to distribution system operations and maintenance activities; work with Management and Safety Coordinator to implement and train staff in company safe work practices; ensure excavation activities meet company and OSHA standards and practices; ensure that NMED regulations are adhered to by distribution system staff and report deficiencies and/or potential violations to upper management in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED
- New Mexico Water Level IV License
- 3 plus years of experience in the maintenance, repair and operation of water distribution systems
- One year of supervisory level experience
- Proficiency with computer software including but not limited to CMMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid Driver's license with no major infractions
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Prefer 5 years of experience and 3 years at the supervisory level
- Knowledge of safe work practices, supervisory and staff training experience and knowledge of federal and state laws as they pertain to the water distribution systems
- Knowledge in coordinating works associated with hydrant testing and valve exercising
- Knowledge and experience using Maintenance Connection or other CMMS software
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate core competencies skill relating to backhoe and forklift operations
- Retains a Class A CDL with no major infractions
- Heavy equipment operator to include backhoe, forklift, skid steer type
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.