Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it's a career! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Universal Banker to join Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and enhance member relationships, ensuring an exceptional member experience.
- Perform a broad variety of member service functions with accuracy and in a timely manner, to include teller transactions, cash handling, account maintenance and opening new accounts.
- Generate and process loan applications for all consumer lending products, vehicle loans, credit cards, signature loans, and share secured loans.
- Identify needs, develop financial relationships, and consistently provide members with opportunities for appropriate loan and deposit products and services.
- Maintain and balance a cash drawer, adhering to Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Prepare and evaluate information which reflects the current credit worthiness of members and prepare consumer loans for underwriting approval based on KFCU lending policies and procedures. Notifies applicants of loan decisions.
- Assists members with servicing loans by processing such items as payoffs, refinances, payment extensions and payment due date changes.
- Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are legally compliant. Ensures that loan requests are properly documented.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and applicable regulations.
- Support the credit union's mission, vision, strategic goals, quality initiatives and service standards.
- Provide exceptional internal and external member service.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum two years' experience working in a financial institution preferred
- Previous lending or sales experience preferred
- Experience with IRA and other consumer deposit products preferred
- Prior sales experience with individual performance and/or sales goals where goals were met or exceeded routinely preferred
- Proven member service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently or to escalate as needed to promote member satisfaction.
- Skilled with identifying and assessing member needs; creating, building and maintaining strong relationships gaining the members trust.
- Knowledge of loan services, policies and procedures preferred
- Knowledge of related legal and regulatory standards, and required loan documentation preferred
- Basic knowledge of Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA); Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA); Fair and Accurate Transaction ACT (FACTA); Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Modernization Act (GLBA)-Regulation preferred
- Multi-task oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to cross-sell various products and services based on member needs
- Strong decision-making skills
- Proficient computer skills