Lauren Engineers & Constructors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver - Dump Truck with DOT License
at Lauren Engineers & Constructors
- 12-Aug-2019 to 11-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Los Alamos, NM, USA
- Full Time
Alternative Titles: Light, Forklift Operator, Backhoe Operator
Purpose: Operates several types of power construction equipment such as compressors, pumps, hoists, derricks, cranes, shovels, tractors, scrapers or motor graders to excavate, move and grade search, erect structural and reinforcing steel and pour concrete or other hard surface paving materials.
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
• Turn valves and control air and water output of compressors and pumps.
• Adjust hand wheels and depress pedals to drive machines and control attachments such as blades, buckets, scrapers and swing booms.
• Read engineering drawings.
• Judge distances and slopes accurately.
• Use machinery to move construction materials, earth, and other heavy materials at construction sites.
• Operate equipment to clear and grade land to prepare it for construction of roads, buildings, and bridges.
• Use machines to dig trenches to lay or repair sewer and other pipelines and hoist heavy construction materials.
• Operate machinery that spreads asphalt and concrete on roads and other structures.
• Set-up and inspect equipment, make adjustments, and perform some maintenance and minor repairs.
• Control equipment by moving levers, foot pedals, operating switches, or joysticks.
• Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Three (3) years minimum Field experience in trade
• Able to identify all hand signals, weight limits, safety regulations, and operating codes that are relevant for equipment operation.
• Must have current drivers license and other certification if required by OSHA, state, or federal regulations
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Stand or walk for long periods of time
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
• See well (naturally or with correction)
• Eye-hand coordination
• Good physical fitness
• Good sense of balance
• Work at great heights
• Rain coat or poncho
• Steel toed work boots
Environment: Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead-based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA)