Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP compliant organization. If you'd like more information, please visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program’s (OFCCP) EEO is the Law poster.
|Department:||081 - Anthony House|
|Location:||Mt Dora, FL|
JOB SUMMARY: The Clerical III is responsible for the traditional responsibilities associated with a receptionist, in addition to assuming responsibilities for clerical and administrative support functions. As the first person with whom the general public and external professionals have contact, the position requires customer-focus and customer friendliness in the interest of all whom the program serves. The position also requires a familiarity with the target population, as the incumbent will conduct psycho-educational activities with the consumers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- The person occupying this position functions at times as the initial contact for an external party with the Anthony House.
- Therefore, interpersonal skills are essential.
- This employee also functions as an administrative support to all Anthony House staff.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
- Answers incoming phone calls in a customer-friendly manner and directs calls to appropriate person/department. Records messages and convey to receiving parties as necessary.
- Facilitates program security by screening visitors to ensure appropriateness for access to the facility.
- Sorts and distributes mail daily. Prepares outgoing mail and packages and accepts delivered mail and packages.
- Performs typing, data entry and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains client files or program files as assigned.
- Makes photocopies and faxes materials as assigned.
- Executes errands as assigned.
- Schedules appointments for staff and consumers as requested.
- Requisitions supplies for the office as necessary.
- Tracks contract documentation and expenditures. Provides monthly reports to the Program Director.
- Tracks program admission data on consumers to prepare reports for the Program Director.
- Prepares reports on issues affecting the program as directed by the Program Director.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as requested.
- Executes other tasks as assigned by the Program Director in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: Basic knowledge
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communications, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, Thinking Skills
- Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI Commitment, Leadership, Linking/Networking, Management of Information, Organizational Participation, and Safety
- Performance Specific: Crisis Management, Customer Focus
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS: Demonstrates knowledge of word processing and fundamental computer skills. Possess sound interpersonal skills, speech skills and writing skills. Demonstrates proficiency in telephone etiquette. Possesses knowledge of the functions of various types of office equipment, including copier, fax, computer and switchboard. Possesses a positive attitude regarding all aspects of a challenging work environment, including significant patience with and respect for children and families. Possesses the ability to operate effectively within a team concept.
PERSONAL QUALITIES: Must be personable and demonstrate a customer-friendly attitude and demeanor. Must be responsible in screening visitors and obtaining signatures on the facility sign-in sheet. Must demonstrate the capacity for patience with challenging service populations. Must be capable of functioning as a contributing team member with fellow Anthony House staff in the best interest of the children and families the program serves.
SPECIAL FACTORS: Must possess the physical health and stamina to execute job duties and essential functions over the course of a workday. Must possess the ability to work in an office setting requiring keyboard skills and administrative activities of a sedentary nature. Knowledge of the homeless population. Ability to present material in a concise manner.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of one year of previous employment in an office environment with demonstrated proficiency in related duties and responsibilities.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.