Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Materion Corporation
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Business Unit
- Advanced Materials Group
- Relocation Provided
- Engineering - Operations
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer will be responsible for all manufacturing and engineering processes and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all manufacturing processes and engineering projects and will assist in the startup of new processes with the engineering and manufacturing team.
- Work in and direct operators in all phases of manufacturing to develop processes.
- Required to wear all PPE necessary when working in the manufacturing areas including respirator, melting PPE, safety glasses, etc. 2-4 hours per day.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and will need to become proficient in various manufacturing systems.
- Maintains and organizes critical data contained in various databases.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining process-related work instructions for operators.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Prefer field of study/major in: Materials Engineering , Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience: 0 to 2 years.
- Will become a green belt within two years of starting the role.
- Can be entry level.