Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Microchip Technology Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8238
- To provide technical support to production and performs machine set-ups and troubleshooting minor and major repair of test handlers and ensure proper housekeeping at all time.
- Responsible for supporting manufacturing operations through immediate solutions of machine and setup problems to meet the required volume, cycle time, uptime and yield targets.
- Perform research and implement projects and improvements that will help attain good efficiency and machine performance.
- Perform close communication with superior and production and implement strategies in order to deliver the expectations of the operations.
- Provides test operations the necessary technical support to sustain the efficient operation of the production line.
- Perform set-up of equipment as per required by the production and ensures all test equipment are in good conditions prior set-up to production.
- Perform equipment qualification and machine buy-off and ensure full compliance to the operations.
- Conducts analysis, investigations and form the necessary corrective and preventive actions on line performance including but not limited to productivity, quality and safety. He/she must be able to interpret each indicators and acts based on structured problem solving. Ensures that decision-making is rational and based on pertinent data.
- Carries out the necessary corrective actions based on the provided investigation and analysis on line performance including but not limited to productivity, quality and safety. Ensures data are pertinent and credible.
- Initiates equipment improvements and modifications (corrective maintenance) using pertinent and credible data to ensure that the objective of the section and department is attained.
- Work with the Supervisor/Engineer regarding the performance of test handlers to support the attainment of the overall strategic business plan, department goals and objectives.
- Support the attainment of the overall equipment effectiveness i.e. availability, efficiency, yield, quality performance, and its factors e.g. MTBF, MTTR, MTBA, MTTS, Utilization.
- Ensures compliance to quality systems by complying with procedures and specifications (e.g. control plan, setup control, correlation procedures, and other related procedures/specifications. Participates in quality systems audit(s).
- Work closely with the team, senior technician and superior to support all activities and programs related to the overall goals of the team and maintenance department
- Maybe designated to supervise a group of non-exempt levels i.e. Technician I and/or Technician II
- Performs duties such as complying to company rules and regulations or government laws and codes; conducting investigations or research; writing technical, informative, or operational reports and papers; or working on special projects considering his/her knowledge and experience.
- Full support to company vision, mission and guiding values.
- Ensures compliance to equipment problem escalation procedure.
- Perform other duties that maybe assigned from time to time.
- Good technical skills and knowledge.
- Highly technical and capable in handling and maintaining in any of the pick and place and gravity equipment (e.g. Multitest 85XX, 93XX, 95XX, 99XX, Rasco1k, 2k Saturn, Delta Castle, OAI, & MCT).
- Have the basic knowledge in test systems (e.g. Maverick GT, VT, PT, HD, SV, EPRO142, LTX, & IHT).
- Basic Skills and knowledge in problem solving tools (7QC Tools, Fault Tree Analysis, Why-Why Analysis and Fish Bone Analysis)
- Basic Skills and Knowledge in 5S, Screw Types and Identification, Soldering Techniques, Proper Bolt tightening, and Poka-Yoke.
- Skilled in computer applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- Ability to work as individual and or as a team member.
- Can easily adapt changes.
- Ability to adapt successfully to multiple tasks that occur in a rapidly changing environment.
- Hard working and highly energetic and self-motivated.
- Can accommodate flexible time and willingness to render overtime.
- Goal oriented
- Full of initiative, passion and teamwork attitude.
- Must speak and write English fluently.
- Preferably Graduate of Bachelors in Electronics and Communications Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering, BS Computer Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering.