Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer, Facilities
at Microchip Technology Inc.
- Manages the operation, maintenance and repair of assigned facilities equipment/system at the least cost and downtime.
- Implements energy efficiency and cost reduction initiatives in his/her area of responsibility
- Analyzes problems and issues using sound engineering methods, recommends possible solutions based on facts and accepted standards, and implements the agreed/approved cost-effective and reliable solutions.
- Collects, trends and analyzes equipment and installation parameters to identify possible or impending equipment or system failures, and works for prevention or mitigation of identified failures.
- Regularly conducts efficiency and reliability analysis of assigned equipment/system and recommends potential improvements
- Highlights to management any event, condition or incident that could affect the reliable, continuous and efficient operation of facilities equipment and systems. Follows up until resolution of the problem or completion of agreed activities.
- Can be assigned to act as supervisor or coordinator of certain facilities operation or project.
- Prepares and submits to the management regular reports of accomplishments, outstanding actions and possible issues.
- Communicates truthful and validated information and analyses, gives credit for accomplishments to whom it is due and handles appropriate reminders or reprimands to violations and offenses.
- Initiates and assists on improvement of individual and team performance.
- Maintains consistent communications channel with production for any projects, unplanned shutdowns, or emergencies that could affect the production.
- Identifies sustaining and improvement needs of assigned equipment/system and works with management for the realization.
- Assess and submits performance appraisals of his/her subordinates.
- Initiates disciplinary actions for any infraction committed by his subordinates.
- Must know and understand electrical, electronics and mechanical engineering concepts and designs, practical applications, methods, standards and procedures.
- Must know how to identify, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve electrical and/or mechanical problems with up-to-date and effective methods and tools – including statistical analysis.
- Able to read, interpret and analyze electrical and/or mechanical diagrams.
- Must know how to use common and specialized electrical, electronic and mechanical testers, tools, softwares and gadgets.
- Must know, understand and follow mechanical and electrical safety procedures.
- Able to motivate and lead his team to achieve objectives.
- Able to use available computer applications for documentations, reports and presentations.
College graduate of an engineering course in the field of Electrical or Mechanical discipline, must be a licensed Electrical or Mechanical Engineer
A minimum of five (5) years experience within a semiconductor industry