Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer I (Machine Shop)
at Microchip Technology Inc.
To capture production needs and translate requirements to form or generate a mechanical solution. To support production to prevent or if not reduce causes of vendor’s long fabrication downtime or long delivery timelines. To prevent or if not, reduce costly vendor modifications through internal fabrication and modification of materials, spare parts, jigs & fixtures that MPHIL conventional machine can provide.
- Planning, Overseeing, monitoring and directing all daily MPHIL Machine Shop operations.
- Creates and implements operational policies and procedures and manages all MPHIL Machine shop activities that are related to production and distribution of product services.
- Oversees and delegates tasks related to fabrication and modification processes, pricing and sales.
- Oversees staff members and coordinates specific job tasks.
- Creates work schedules and supervises task that are related to producing product and/or providing services.
- Establishes the necessary staffing needs and employs, trains and develop new staff members.
- Oversees and organizes the financial budget task to ensure MPHIL Machine Shop operations are properly funded and the organization operates efficiently
- Provides technical training on the Machine Operation to supervisors and machinists.
- Constructs and documents procedures, work instructions, standards, and training materials for the MPHIL Machine Shop Staff.
- Provides technical training on Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) and Mechanical Drafting
Graduate or Any Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology or Any related Course
- At least 5 years working experience on the machining field
- English Literate
- Ability to teach and impart machining skill
- Can capture production need and translate to the capabilities of MPHIL Machine Shop
- Can work with machines and with its loud machining environment
- Can work and complete task on a isolated environment with minimal supervision.