Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician II (Machinist)
at Microchip Technology Inc.
To provide or to execute mechanical solution for MPHIL in order to achieve continuous production operation. To support production to prevent or if not reduce causes of vendor’s long fabrication downtime or long delivery timelines. To prevent or if not, reduce costly vendor modifications through internal fabrication and modification of materials, spare parts, jigs & fixtures that MPHIL conventional machine can provide.
- Understand and practice safety rules and regulations in machine shop and during machining operations;
- Understand sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering and production information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products;
- Generate blueprints, drawings, or engineering and production solution that shall be used as reference for fabricating the products/item in-house;
- Design Jigs and Fixtures to be used for high volume fabrication for production.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency. Equipment such as conventional Milling, Turning, Surface grinding, and power saw machine;
- Familiar with the various metals and materials used for Semi-conductor industries;
- Familiar and understand different types of handling and cutting tools used at the Machine shop.
- Design fixtures, tooling, or experimental parts to meet special engineering and production needs;
- Design tools, fixtures, or other devices for production equipment and facility needs;
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations;
- Dispose of trash or waste materials,
- Install and repair equipment and maintain machine shop equipment;
- Must be a college degree or any machinist related course.
- Experienced in operating Conventional machines such as Milling, Turning, Surface grinding and power saw.
- Understand and perform jigs and fixtures design, tooling design through manual drafting.
- Can operate AutoCAD.
- At least 1 year machining operation experience
- At least 1 year in jigs and fixtures design experience
- English literate
- Can work with machines and with its loud machining environment
- Can work and complete task on a isolated environment with minimal supervision.