Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician ll - Desktop Support
at Microchip Technology Inc.
The successful applicant will work with a team of Systems Administrators and Desktop Support Specialists to facilitate the
team’s delivery of technical, operational, and onsite and remote internal-client support relating to desktop hardware and
software incident resolution and entry-level network/systems administration.
He / she must also have skills and experience in support of, including but not limited to: desktop computers, laptop
computers,peripheral devices, local and network printers and telecommunications equipment.
On top of his essential customer-service qualities, the IT Technician will also be expected to possess strong customer-facing
skills as the role would put them in regular remote contact with all Microchip users.
- Work within a team to provide technology support to business users.
- Answer the IT helpdesk hotline and provide end-user assistance
- Logging and monitoring of customer questions, issues and problems through resolution/completion.
- Provision of customer updates and status reports with regards to open customer issues as appropriate
- Ensure problem resolution via the maintenance of appropriate action plan
- Ensure effective communication with the business and within team.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent working knowledge of operating systems, particularly Windows 7
- Understanding and troubleshooting of popular networking technologies (TCP/IP, LANs, WANs)
- Experience with Active Directory administration
- Exposure to Enterprise-level application packaging and package distribution mechanisms (a plus)
- Very good customer services skills
- Very good English conversation (verbal and written)