New Mexico Cancer Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse Infusion
at New Mexico Cancer Center
Works within the RN scope of practice as defined by the NM Board of Nursing to provide nursing care. The RN supports the delivery of Medical and Radiation Oncology treatments. This position adheres to nursing policies and procedures.
Promotes professional growth and enhances the quality of service and reputation of practice; and reinforces and adheres to the core values of the company in order to achieve the mission and vision.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Provides direct nursing care for Medical and Radiation Oncology/ Hematology patients which includes the preparation and administration of chemotherapy treatment, hydration and electrolyte replacement, and other therapy as prescribed.
- Provides direct nursing care for Medical and Radiation Oncology/ Hematology patients, which includes
patient preparation for treatment, assessment of side effects and toxicity, and monitors the condition of the patient receiving therapy.
- Assesses and triages patient care needs for new and ongoing patients through either direct or telephone interaction.
- Performs charting and updating of records into the EMR as necessary.
- Provides patient and family support.
- Provides education to patients, families and significant others. Acts as an information resource for healthcare professionals, patients, and the public.
- Adheres to established policies, procedures, quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Trains and guides other nursing and support staff engaged in departmental clinical activities.
- May participate in research related activities with strict adherence to protocol requirements.
- Participates in and initiates performance improvement activities within the department.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records relating to treatment and follow up.
- Follows national guidelines for safe handling and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Accurately schedules future appointments for therapy and follow up.
Skill / Requirements
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education and Experience:
- ADN, BSN preferred
- Two to four years of clinical experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with OCN Certification, IV skills and clinical oncology nursing experience.
- Knowledge of supportive care principles and techniques for oncology patients.
- Knowledge of oncology treatment procedures, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to perform nursing assessments and patient triage.
- Knowledge of the nature and treatments of oncology, which includes acute and chronic conditions.
- Knowledge of nursing responsibilities associated with oncologic emergencies.
Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, EMR, and related systems
Certificates & Licenses:
- Current State of New Mexico Licensed Registered Nurse on date of hire
- Current CPR Certification
- ONS Chemotherapy Provider and OCN preferred
Thank you for your interest in New Mexico Oncology Hematology Consultants, Ltd./New Mexico Cancer Center. Please, e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Your resume will be carefully reviewed and we will contact you should your skills and experience match our requirements.
If you are considered for an interview we will call you directly to schedule the first meeting.
If you are not contacted for an interview, please know that we will keep your resume on file for a period of 6 months to be considered for future openings.