Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position will complete Engineering tasks related to the development and support of mission operations processes and procedures for customer space missions.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Planning, writing, and executing spacecraft commissioning activities and procedures for customer space missions.
• Planning and writing user handbooks for Space Vehicles, Ground Systems, and Simulators.
• Support the management of Payload interfaces and CONOPS definitions.
• Support mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
• Participation in integration and test activities at other corporate locations to develop subsystem and system familiarity.
• Participation in mission rehearsals to simulate engineering tasks performed in operations.
• Participation in rotating 24x7 mission operations shift coverage.
• Generation of data analysis reports.
Experience within any one of the following technical areas:
• Space Vehicle, Ground Station, or Sensor (i.e. student or industry project) hardware and/or software design
• Space Vehicle, Ground Station, or Sensor (i.e. student or industry project) integration and test
• Space Vehicle, Ground Station, or Sensor (i.e. student or industry project) on-orbit operations
• Space Vehicle, or Sensor modelling and simulation (i.e. Matlab, STK, Free-Flyer)
• Familiarity with embedded systems, and/or programming languages (C/C , Python, STOL, etc.)
• Familiarity with Mission Operations Center architectures and interfaces
• Ability to clearly communicate (both verbal and written) with peers, customer and senior leadership
This position requires a BS degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace) and 2 years of experience, or a Master degree in Engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.