Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architect Intern 3
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Architecture and Engineering
WHPacific, an NV5 company, has a need for an Architect Intern 3.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Architect Intern will be responsible for administering assigned phases of a project, utilizing knowledge of construction process, building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Responsible for design, construction administration and contract administration of project requirements, client and consultant needs.
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of professional principles and practices in broad areas.
- Knowledge of the unique aspects of the local region architecture
- Review design and documents for required code compliance
- Performs job site visits, assess problems and recommends solutions
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
- Must be actively pursuing professional licensure with the Board of Examiners for Architects and completion of the ARE in the State of NM and must be currently enrolled in a recognized Intern Development Program (IDP) or in procession of Accredited Degree in Architecture with ability to pursue licensure.
- Must have knowledge of New Mexico building codes.
- Demonstrated ability to build and study architectural scaled models
- Proficient with MS Office software; including MS Word, Excel,
- Proficient in Building Information Management (BIM) Revit software, and computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of peers, managers, consultants and clients.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, geometry and equations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as structural analysis of building systems.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations and graphs).
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Architect Intern or Intern Development Program (IDP) certification required
- Valid NM drivers’ license required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.