Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The successful candidate will be accountable for assisting in the completion of hydrogeologic and environmental investigations and related activities. This includes additional responsibilities for developing the framework for additional analysis through work plan preparation, data collection, management, evaluation and report preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in geology, environmental geology, engineering or related discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Environmental engineering or related earth science fields (master is preferred).
- Preferred 4- 6 years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with water supply and environmental site investigations, groundwater monitoring, groundwater/soil/soil vapor sampling, assessment, characterization, and data quality review/data evaluation.
- Provides support, including data management and statistical analysis, preparation of technical documents, and investigations.
- Assists with evaluating well performance and providing recommendations for preventative well maintenance (e.g., well rehabilitation) to minimize lost well efficiency.
- Assists with the evaluation of groundwater quality, remediation effectiveness, and preparing plans to develop and optimize groundwater remediation systems.
- Maintains, and provides periodic reports.
- Manages data requests and prepares responses to regulatory issues.
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates.
- Must be willing to travel within the state of New Mexico. Fieldwork is 30%.
- The oral and written communications is very important for this position.
- Sound decision-making and problem solving abilities.
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Proven ability to perform in a high volume, time sensitive/deadline driven environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at a given time.
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment.
- OSHA 40-hour training a plus.
- Proficient with several computer applications including MS Word and Excel, Rockworks, etc.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Licensed PG or application in progress.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.