Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Marketing
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Zia Park Casino
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
Responsible for directing the overall operations and staff of the Marketing department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Develops and executes strategic marketing plan to include marketing reinvestment, direct marketing, advertising, public relations/community relations, and entertainment for the properties which generates trial and builds long term relationships with customers and strengthens the brand value.
- Ensures that scheduling is done in an effective and efficient manner, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving deadlines.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and adhering to budgets and ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives. Reports budget concerns / deviations to the Executive Management / GM.
- Assesses, anticipates and reacts to the competitive marketplace in regard to marketing strategies, programs, campaigns, and promotions. Conducts periodic competitive shops.
- Works in conjunction with IT department to ensure appropriate resources are available to run programs.
- Familiarization with all company Brand programs and systems and provides input to improve Brand direct marketing efforts.
- Responsible for the overall integrity of daily operations, offers and customer database information.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise. Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
- Five years of progressive experience in the gaming industry experience in a senior marketing role with direct responsibility for revenue generation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to understand and analyze Budget & P&L Statements, competitive information and develop plans with measurable results.
- Proven managerial and critical thinking skills required.
- Must possess excellent employee relations skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions when required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and leaders to complete property/corporate initiatives and effective day to day operations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer