Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Worker I - FT
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Zia Park Casino
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
Maintain appearance and mechanical requirements of the facility. Handle any emergencies quickly in order to prevent shut downs of the facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general preventive maintenance of the property.
- Perform general carpentry work: frame walls, hang drywall, build shelves, lay carpet, etc.
- Perform locksmithing tasks: repair locks, door handles, and door closures; install new door equipment;
- Remove snow/ice from sidewalks, parking lots, stairs, ramp ways, exits, facilities, restaurant facilities and employee areas.
- All work to be performed taking appropriate safety precautions.
- Notify supervisor immediately of any problems/crisis/emergency situation.
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities inside and outside: sweep, pick up trash, and wash as required on a daily basis. May be asked to assist with repairs. Paint when required.
- Participate in all safety and emergency squad drills. Ensure that all safety equipment is in operating order.
- Must work well under pressure, and meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Must at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with guests, co-workers and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must qualify for licensing with the New Mexico Racing and Gaming Commissions.
- Must possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Highschool diploma or GED preferred.
- One to Three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and training preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to promote cooperative approach between departments.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, and standing for long periods of time.
- Working in small, confined areas, with floors, which are or may become slippery in the process of conducting work activities.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Lifting from 50 to 75 pounds to stack, store or move materials, supplies and equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee mostly works inside the building. The employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment may be loud in guest areas.
- Exposure to unrestricted second-hand smoke.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer