Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal - Mutuel Teller
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Zia Park Casino
- Position Type
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Zia Park Casino we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
This Position is a Seasonal role from September - December 2019
Your daily responsibilities include
Sells and cashes winning pari-mutuel tickets for patrons at Zia Park Casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and maintain all steps of the Red Carpet Customer Service program with each patron and employee you may come in contact with (eye contact, hi- greeting, goodbye as a departure).
- Sells pari-mutuel tickets to patrons at the mutuels’ counter
- Cashes pari-mutuel tickets for patrons.
- Works with the security personnel to apprehend persons attempting to cash fraudulent tickets and underage bettors.
- Keeps daily balance sheet of amount and number of transactions
- Responsible for minor repairs and corrections of Tote machines.
- Follows Title 31 regulations and IRS regulations.
- Directs patrons to supervisory personnel to resolve questions of ticket validity.
- Requisitions additional cash as required.
- Must be knowledgeable of all special events and promotional activities available to guests.
- Presents oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Must work well under pressure, and meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Must at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with guests, co-workers and supervisors.
- Adhere to all departments/company policies and procedures.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must qualify for licensing with the New Mexico Racing Commission.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred.
- Six months experience in the racing industry preferred.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and employee relations skills.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests and vendors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to promote cooperative approach between departments.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Exposure to unrestricted second-hand smoke in guest areas.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer