Penn National Gaming, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal - Turf Club Host/Hostess
at Penn National Gaming, inc.
- Job ID
- Casino Property
- Zia Park Casino
- Position Type
- Food and Beverage
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
This Position is a Seasonal role from September - December 2019
Your daily responsibilities include
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Take guest orders and serve beverage (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) products to guests at a concessions stand.
- Set up and break down concession stations.
- Clean and maintain station.
- Operate cash register if required, take money and make change.
- Must at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with guests, co-workers and the Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned from time to time.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Adhere to all corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Must at all times demonstrate ethical and cooperative behavior with guests, co-workers and leadership.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to promote cooperative approach between departments.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in in English may also be required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Employee must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer