Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Construction Manager - Multiple States (NM, TN, NY, CT)
at Planet Fitness
- 03-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Corporate Office
- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Full Time
FIELD CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to not only take their facilities skills to the next level, but to also learn about the franchise business & fitness industry by working for a fast paced and growing franchise company under the Planet Fitness concept currently owning over 90 locations throughout Connecticut, New York, New Mexico, Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia and Canada...and growing.
As a key member of the Development Team, the Field Construction Manager reports directly to the Director of Construction. This is a high visibility position and requires extensive retail construction experience, the ability to dissect problems quickly and give clear direction to remedy problems and keep the project on budget and on schedule. This position will be responsible for weekly visits to all projects under construction, monitoring budgets, change orders and schedules. This role partners with internal Operations, Design and Real Estate teams as well as external Architects, General Contractors and vendors. This position will be based out of his/her home office with extensive weekly travel.
- Oversee ongoing construction and planning process through collaborating with architects, engineers, general contractors and vendors with the goal of hitting milestone dates and budgets.
- Work with the Director of Construction on preparing scopes of work, bidding/negotiations and construction schedules.
- Manage milestones and bring appropriate resources to challenges that impact the construction completion schedule.
- Hold contractors accountable to deliver quality work while maintaining targeted completion dates and capital spend.
- Ensure that the permitting process is in place to achieve targeted deadlines.
- Work with general contractors to ensure drawing specs are followed and updated as the design evolves.
- Assist the Director of Construction in preparing bid lists and packages for general contractors, and managing RFIs and shop drawing approvals.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate construction status updates and schedules for internal and external stakeholders.
- Review vendor quotes for all materials to ensure correct quantity and specs are ordered.
- Perform site visits throughout construction process to ensure clubs are being built to specification, including punch list walk through.
- 8-10 years of experience in construction management and/or facilities management for a multi-unit retail corporation or related field. Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of retail construction principals.
- Strong construction experience working with general contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage a project, plan and establish priorities and work within deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills and ability to think creatively.
- Ability to travel up to 60%.
Why you should join ECP-PF Holding Group, one of the largest franchisees of Planet Fitness clubs in the US and Canada.
- Contribute to changing people's lives every day by helping us create a healthier Planet!
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- The ability to make a solid contribution to the company's success.
- Be a vital part of an exciting, rapidly expanding company where you can make a positive impact on our development program every day.