Plus One Health Management, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Exercise Specialist
at Plus One Health Management, Inc.
We are looking for an energetic, fun, and enthusiastic On-Call Exercise Specialist that is passionate about supporting healthy lifestyle habits to work at a high profile Fortune 500 company’s fitness center located in Washington DC.
- Conduct on-going fitness consultations for participants, including movement screens, needs analysis, and goal setting in order to recommend appropriate fitness programming and complementary wellness services.
- Develop comprehensive progressive fitness programming to support and motivate participants and ensure a positive overall experience.
- Monitor, engage and instruct participants in the fitness center on safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility, and strength training equipment within the facility.
- Educate participants on clinically proven health and fitness information, available fitness and engagement programming, and complementary wellness services.
- Maintain positive customer/client experience by providing the highest quality of service.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or in a related field and/or NCCA accredited Personal Training certification.
- Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Current knowledge and industry standards of excellence in exercise testing (assessments) and exercise prescription (program design).
- Knowledge and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment such as resistance tubes/bands, strength machines, cardio machines, Kettlebells, fitness weights, exercise balls, etc.
- Knowledge about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.
- Communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Plus One, an Optum company (internally known as On-Site Services), ignites employee activation in health ownership and drives engagement in health and wellness programs through four of the most common health goals: move more, eat better, be safer and be mindful. Our services are located at the employer’s worksite, and our local presence positions us to build trusting relationships, nurture emotional commitments and discover employee aspirations, with our on-site staff serving as program educators. Our services cater to populations within the corporate, government and education fields, and our on-site capabilities include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, coaching and health promotion. Join the Plus One team and you'll have opportunities to drive bold change and achieve excellence. Ask any of our fitness and wellness professionals and they'll tell you that working with Plus One is the most rewarding experience they have had in their careers. This is a place where you can stay ahead as you do your life's best work.
Perks of Working at Plus One, an Optum Company:
- Competitive compensation, with opportunities for career growth nationwide
- Energetic atmosphere that promotes a work/life balance with a flexible schedule and weekends off
- Disability and voluntary benefits for eligible team members
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to state of the art facilities with functional training areas and top-of-the line strength and cardio equipment
- Continuous internal growth and career development with free continuing education opportunities and credits
- Exclusive company discounts on select services, products, conferences and events
- Qualified transportation and parking benefit
Plus One, an Optum company, is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs, our website www.plusone.com or our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.