Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Develop, oversee, coordinate and provide nursing care/services in an outpatient clinical setting with patient care focus.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Recommends selection of staff; trains staff and provides for their professional development; administers discipline as required.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures and work standards for the program; provides input into the budget and administers the budget for the program.
- Oversees, develops, directs and evaluates the provision of nursing care services in an outpatient clinical setting with patient care focus to individuals and families in the community utilizing the professional staff of the medical services including professional services’ contractor as necessary.
- Ensures proper scheduling of services and allocation of resources; evaluates program effectiveness and efficiency, ensures that such programs meet standards and regulatory requirements and professional standards; performs quality control of functions and staff.
- Provides advice and assistance to staff; investigates complaints and resolves problems regarding service delivery.
- Provides and manages direct patient care activities
- Assumes authority to make changes within the nursing functional area and work assignments of staff within the employees’ scope of practice or ability.
- Assists with developing and negotiating a variety of contracts for the operation of the healthcare programs, consistent with the approved budget and strategic plan.
- Administers the JHHS Infection Control Prevention and Surveillance Program in accordance with Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology ( APIC) and AAAHC Standards.
- Performs or assists medical staff in performing medical assessments on patients.
- Administers medications and other treatments as required; draws blood for laboratory tests and performs other standard diagnostic procedures; prepares patients for medical staff examinations and assists during such examinations, and performs related professional nursing duties.
- Responds to medical emergencies; assesses the situation, provides immediate assistance and/or calls for medical staff assistance.
- Prepares and maintains medical records and files, including laboratory tests and their results and medications and other treatments administered and actions taken; reviews and updates charts.
- Prepares a variety of reports, correspondence and other written materials as required.
- Maintains compliance standards for JHHS, IHS, State Nurse Practice Guidelines and AAAHC (Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care).
- Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; AND five (5) years of professional nursing experience; two (2) years of which were in a supervisory/managerial role.
Required Certificates, Licenses, And Registrations:
Valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
Valid New Mexico Registered Nurse license
Certification in Infection Control credential; OR, eligible to take the initial certification exam within (1) year of hire.
CPR & First Aid certification within (30) days of date of employment.