Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jemez Pueblo
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Travel Clerk will work under supervision of Accounting Supervisor, following detailed instructions and procedures to arrange travel needs for Pueblo of Jemez employees. Responsible for providing a variety of routine to difficult fiscal, financial, and accounting office support; may perform general office support duties, including typing, word processing and filing.
- Review and Process Travel Authorizations in accordance with Pueblo of Jemez Travel Policies and Procedures: Book airfare, lodging, car rental for employee on travel.
- Review and process Final Travel Reports. Assign Trip number and maintain Travel Log.
- Communicate travel plans to employees and answer questions about travel policies and process.
- Assist and resolve all Travel-Related issues the traveler may experience while on travel.
- Review, reconcile and submit payment for Travel Credit Cards.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties such as typing, proofreading, filing and answering the telephone and using standard office equipment.
- Manage Tribal Vehicles check-in /check-out on daily basis.
- Cross train with other sub-ledger (AP, Procurement and PR) area to be backup person.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the unit’s service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High school or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND two (2) years of financial office support and/or administrative experience. Associate’s degree in Accounting in lieu of experience will be considered.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department to which assigned.
- Financial record keeping and bookkeeping practices and techniques.
- Basic practices of reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Business arithmetic, including percentages and decimals.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
- Computer applications related to assigned duties and activities.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Providing varied secretarial and office administrative assistance to management, supervisory and professional staff.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and preparing accurate and timely reports.
- Composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate records and files.
- Making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Operating standard office equipment, including computer equipment.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Using software applications related to assigned functions.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength and agility to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in over the telephone and in person.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation. Employment is contingent upon passing the background investigation.