Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $25,334 to $38,002/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-56a
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and conducts hazardous fuels removal projects including slashing, and pre-commercial thinning.
- Fells trees; trims; bucks-up fuel wood; hauls logs and slash to designated area.
- Stacks and prepares slash piles for controlled burns.
- Plants trees and cares for seedlings; controls vegetation; collects cones; enhances streams and habitat.
- Directs and trains crewmembers in the proper and safe use of chainsaws and other equipment; ensures crew’s engagement and productivity.
- Directs and trains crew members in the proper and safe methods of carrying out duties.
- Ensures the observation of safety rules for a safe working environment.
- Directs crew in the regular maintenance and minor repair of equipment.
- Records field data including acres cut, work location, work done, GPS locations, and mapping.
- Coordinates and schedules the use of heavy equipment.
- Drives field truck and hauls trailer on narrow roads to transport crew members, tools, and equipment to worksite.
- Periodically reports on progress of projects; coordinates the submission of required reports.
- Researches vendors of personal protection supplies and equipment; requests quotes and completes appropriate purchase documents.
- Attends relevant training and workshops to maintain/enhance technical knowledge.
- Use GPS equipment to locate treatments sites and make boundary locations for each of the treatment sites.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- One year of forestry work experience, including use of GPS equipment, required.
- Successful completion of S-212 class, use of Wildland Chainsaw, required.
- One year of supervisory experience required.
- A combination of relevant education and related work experience may be considered.
- Fluency in the Laguna language preferred.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCES APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to firstname.lastname@example.org