Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Certified Prevention Specialist
at Pueblo of Laguna
- Develops and carries out program goals, objectives, policies and procedures based on established priorities.
- Develops and implements short term and long range management plans to sustain effective program operations.
- Develops and implements a strategic plan of operation for the effective and efficient delivery of prevention services and activities.
- Develops, organizes and conducts educational activities on prevention of and effects of substance abuse, tobacco use, mental health and gambling issues using various prevention curricula and prevention strategies.
- Provides information on the effects of alcohol, tobacco, and drug use, abuse and addiction through brochures, media campaigns, public service announcements, and health fairs.
- Provides information of available prevention programs and services. Researches other programs and services within area.
- Collaborates with other service providers and local schools to provide classroom education and activities in critical life and social skills, decision-making, refusal skills, media messages analysis, and judgment abilities.
- Develops and provides alternative alcohol, drug, and tobacco free activities including dances/parties, leadership activities, drop-in centers, and community service activities.
- Promotes the establishment or review of alcohol, tobacco, and drug use policies in schools.
- Lends/provides technical assistance to communities to maximize enforcement of policies.
- Recruits community members, teams, coalitions, groups, and young people to participate in community prevention/education efforts.
- Collaborates with other service providers, community leaders, and volunteers in the systemic planning and provision of prevention and treatment services.
- Works with counselors and other service providers to recognize individuals in need of treatment services; makes appropriate referrals to providers or agencies as needed.
- Takes the lead role in the development and implementation of employee assistance programs, student assistance programs, and DUI education programs.
- Evaluates current activities and programming to determine effectiveness and fulfillment of program objectives; offers suggestions/recommendations for alternative strategies to improve community participation, to offer diverse curricula, and to meet community needs.
- Stays abreast of developing/cutting edge areas of prevention strategies and activities. Determines/evaluates relevance to community programs and efforts.
- Maintains required data and information ensuring confidentiality of privileged information.
- Develops required narrative and statistical reports.
- Provides general supervision/oversight, technical and program assistance to assigned staff.
- Communicates to staff program values, goals, objectives, and activities through staff meetings, daily interaction, and/or other appropriate communication methods.
- Evaluates staff performance in a timely manner. Promotes self-responsibility and accountability.
- Develops and implements training plans to support, develop, and expand the capacity of staff.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of program budget; determines need for budget modifications; recommends program expenditures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant training and workshops and establishing networks with like programs.
- Contributes to a team effort to accomplish program goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Addiction Studies, Health Education, Psychology, Sociology, or Recreation required. Five years of prevention work experience required. Two years of supervisory experience in prevention work required. Certified Prevention Specialist or Senior Prevention Specialist credentials or eligibility for certification by reciprocity required. Fluency in the Laguna language preferred.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to email@example.com