Pueblo of Laguna
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisory Public Health Nurse
at Pueblo of Laguna
Pay: $51,763 to $77,645/year
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-70
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to self-referrals for assessment of symptoms of illness and to referrals by other medical service providers for patient aftercare.
- Develops holistic patient care plans to address assessed needs.
- Provides medical guidance, emotional support, motivation, and education (including patient’s right to make independent decisions) to manage and coordinate care for chronic health conditions and diseases.
- Documents and maintains comprehensive patient care records in accordance with established standards.
- Reviews patient care records developed by assigned staff; determines quality of care and services provided to patients/clients; ensures compliance with established care plans.
- Reviews patient care records and other documentation developed by assigned staff to ensure compliance with grant(s) and/or program reporting requirements.
- Conducts home visits to administer care including vital screenings, wound care management, immunizations, and assessment of social environment.
- Coordinates case management and care coordination meetings.
- Evaluates status of patient; consults with physicals and/or other medical providers for revision of care plan if required. Initiates referrals as necessary to other resources.
- Coordinates Public health incident and emergency responses.
- Maintains an updated and secure medical supply inventory. Accurately records and reports non-functioning equipment and any loss of supplies.
- Plans and develops community health initiatives in collaboration with medical care providers, patients, and other relevant programs.
- Consults with local schools regarding student- based health needs and coordinates in provision of assistance and services.
- Reviews and evaluates program operations to determine impact and effectiveness; provides recommendations for expansion, adjustment, and/or improvements in services. Ensures the implementation of recommended changes.
- Supervises/manages the day-to-day operations of nursing staff within the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations of staff, recommends disciplinary actions, staff changes, or reassignments.
- Improves staff effectiveness by coaching, counseling, training, and modeling.
- Compiles data and services delivery reports; develops other required narrative and statistical reports.
- Documents patient information and services provided in Problem Orientated Medical Record (POMR) format.
- Maintains required certifications, licensure, clearances, professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant training, conferences and seminars.
- Responds to emergency management operations as designated by the Emergency Operation Commander EOC.
- Ensures the confidentiality of client information in accordance with HIPPA regulations and other relevant patient privacy protection laws.
- Contributes to a team effort to accomplish tasks and achieve results.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skill / Requirements
- New Mexico Registered Nurse licensure (NCLE-RN) required.
- Six years of work experience, including three years of supervisory experience, in public or community health nursing or closely related field, required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Fluency in the Laguna language preferred.
LAGUNA TRIBAL MEMBER PREFERENCE APPLIES
Send the official Pueblo of Laguna application to email@example.com