Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Recruit Veterans
# of openings:
Recruit Veterans is looking for a Transition Assistance Program VA Benefits Advisor at Kirtland AFB.
The Veterans Administration Transition Assistance Program (VA-TAP) VA Benefits Advisors (BA) support implementation of the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW), the Hire Heroes Act and Veterans Employment Initiative (VEI) on behalf of the department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
The BA provides transitioning service members (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a thorough understanding of earned VA benefits, awareness of education and training opportunities, assistance in application processes, and assistance in preparing for civilian or government employment.
The BA also provides formal VA benefits briefings to groups of up to 50 people, individual counseling, and final transition readiness evaluations during events (such as Capstone) to provide final advice; and performs community outreach and public engagement events.
Work at times will require extended hours, including week days, weekends and some holidays, generally anticipating and addressing emerging requirements under changing and constrained time lines.
· Associates’ degree or equivalent with five (5) years of relevant experience, or (7) years relevant experience
· Must successfully pass a background investigation (National Agency Check)
· Must successfully complete initial training to maintain employment
· Must be able to travel up to 10% and able to work outside normal work hours
· Individual must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
· This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
· Military Veterans and spouses are highly encouraged to apply
· This position is a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Recruit Veterans to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Recruit Veterans is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Recruiting Force, LLC dba Recruit Veterans provides a variety of technical, professional and administrative support services to government agencies and prime contractors across the country. We also support commercial clients both large and small with staff augmentation, direct-hire placement and recruiting services. Our focus is on winning new business and hiring and placing military veterans, spouses and their dependents into the contracts/companies that we support. However, we do accept resumes from all prospective candidates regardless of veteran status. So, if you have an interest in this position and believe that this role is a match with your experience and career goals, apply now and let us help you, “Accomplish the Mission!”