Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 SY - PERSONNEL INVESTIGATOR - NON CONTRACT PAY
at Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Non-Contract Pay as Needed: $30 per hour
Position: Personnel Investigator
Supervisor: Director of Personnel
General Job Description: Conducts investigations, as directed, into employee conduct which may violate Board policy, administrative procedure, State Board policy, and State or Federal laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts on-site investigations of allegations of conduct which may be in violation of School Board policy, New Mexico Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Educational Profession, RRPS procedures, RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct, State, or Federal laws
- Writes comprehensive, factual reports of findings resulting from the assigned investigations for use in administrative decision making and with legal counsel
- Works with law enforcement jurisdictions and courts to secure arrest and court reports and information related to criminal activities of District employees
- Works with other government agencies to obtain information appropriate to an investigation • Testifies on investigative finding before the RRPS School Board, RRPS Labor Board, at employee complaint hearings, and in other administrative or judicial forum
- Maintains accurate, comprehensive, and confidential files on all investigations
- Assists in the implementation and set up of HR Disciplinary / Investigative software
- Communicates directly with Executive Director, Human Resources, the Director, Human Resources, and the Manager, Human Resources regarding assigned investigations related to employee conduct which may result in disciplinary action
- Oversees employee background checks, processes background check hits, processes Rap Back system, interacts with PED officials regarding background issues, and supervises the 3M Background software system.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations;
- Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the district during the term of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Paralegal Degree, or at least ten years full time police employment at least 3 years of which primarily investigative/detective work.
- Must be knowledgeable of Board policy/administrative procedures, State and Federal employment laws, and New Mexico Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Educational Profession.
- Ability to conduct thorough investigations of violations and claims as assigned
- Proven ability to write comprehensive, factual reports of findings
- Must exercise strict confidence in handling sensitive personnel issues
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in rendering solutions to various issues
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with district and school personnel, the general public, and work with diverse groups of people
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the job and access the environment for which you are hired. The following may be required: Sitting, standing, lifting, moving about the room or school, carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, kneeling, prolonged typing, physical ability to type on a keyboard terminal, and moving light furniture.
Equipment/Technology Handled: Must know how to properly operate or be willing to learn to operate all multimedia equipment including current technology.
Work Environment: Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work calendar established yearly by the district. Work hours are established in employment contract. Additional work hours may be assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
All GMCS schools are eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
All applicants must upload copies of official transcripts or evaluations of foreign transcripts from any and all accredited colleges/universities attended by you for review in order to be considered for this position.
Three letters of reference written within the last twelve months (one must be from current supervisor. (If this is not appropriate due to one’s employment status, please contact GMCS Personnel Office 505-721-1000).
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)