Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RE-ADVERTISED - CUSTODIAN - SECONDARY
at Gallup Mckinley County Schools
**Internal applicants must upload a Request for Transfer Form to application & it must be signed by current Principal/Supervisor to be considered for this position.
To maintain an attractive, sanitary and safe facility and to ensure a clean and safe environment for students, staff and public by cleaning designated areas, using a variety of cleaning materials and equipment and minimizing property damage, loss and liability exposure.
Received immediate supervision from higher level staff.
Essential Function Statements - Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cleans assigned school facilities (e.g. classrooms, offices, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, grounds, cafeteria, storage areas, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, classroom activities and special events.
- Attends in service training (e.g. blood born pathogens, cleaning solvents, floor care, first aid, maintenance training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving information on new and/or improved procedures.
- Evaluates situation (e.g. involving staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Inspects school facilities for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and/or identifying necessary repairs due to vandalism, equipment breakage, weather conditions, etc.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuum, mops, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Paints interior of classrooms, offices, restrooms, etc. for the purpose of maintaining an attractive facility.
- Repairs furniture and equipment as may be required (e.g. faucets, toilets, light fixtures, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, injured and ill students, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action to resolve immediate safety issues and maintaining a functioning educational environment.
- Secures facilities and grounds for the purpose of minimizing property damage, equipment loss and potential liability to organization.
- Ensures that all emergency lighting, fire extinguisher and playground equipment are maintained in property working condition on a routine and regular basis, as required by local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Remove snow and ice from designated areas.
- Regulates furnaces or other heating systems in sue, including air conditioning and ventilating systems necessary for the comfort and safety of occupants; replaces filters as necessary.
- Empties trash and garbage containers for building and cafeteria and removes to designated areas.
- Raises and lowers the United States, State and other required agency flags daily.
- Haul trash, mow grass, chop weeds and trim shrubs.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Basic operational characteristics, services and activities of a school district housekeeping program.
- Basic principles and practices of housekeeping duties.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Learn equipment use and care, storage, record keeping.
- Learn institutional housekeeping duties.
- Learn to operate basic housekeeping equipment and machinery, e.g. vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaning equipment.
- Learn to accurately and correctly apply applicable mathematical principles.
- Learn to understand to follow oral and written instructions.
- Learn to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted int he course of work.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
Experience and Training Guidelines: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Experience: Some general custodial experience desirable.
- Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade - High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
License or Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid New Mexico drivers license.
Environmental Conditions: Office, shop and school environment; exposure to cleaning and/or sterilization chemicals and airborne particles and vibration; exposure to loud nose and frequently works in outside weather conditions.
Physical Conditions: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for moderate to extremely heavy carrying, lifting, and pushing; reaching, climbing in high, precarious places, crawling, sitting, kneeling, standing and walking for extended periods of time; operation of motor vehicles; and subject to random drug testing.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, October 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)