Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RE-ADVERTISED - EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT - ELEMENTARY
at Gallup Mckinley County Schools
To provide technical and advanced assistance to assigned specialist or professional in delivering the educational plan, and meeting the goals and objectives of the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) of assigned student(s).
THIS SALARY FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE PRORATED FOR THE 19-20 SY. ***OPEN UNTIL FILLED****
Supervision Received and Exercised:
Receives immediate supervision from assigned higher level staff.
Essentional Function Statements - Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist specialist/professional in delivering the educational plan, and meeting the goals and objectives of the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) to assigned student(s).
- Assist in implementing daily activity lesson plans and curriculum as developed in the IEP by approprite specialist or professional.
- Assist teacher/professional in maintaining appropriate files and records; attach all supporting documentation; ensure confidentiality of all records and files.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes; and assistive technology.
- Assist with supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, lunch and field trips.
- Assist physically challenged student(s) with eating, dressing, personal hygiene and mobility functions when needed, e.g. in self-help, feeding and personal hygiene skills; in fin/gross motor skills; in adaptive competencies leading to independence.
- Assist in providing special medical needs of students.
- Provide close supervision for students with behavior problems in the classroom, and supports the teacher's management system.
- Deliver educational services to children who are homebound due to health limitations, and/or distance from school, etc.
- Daily travel from site to site, and from home to home.
- Prepare regular and special diet meals; operate choppers, blenders, mixers, and other equipment; and make adjustments to regylate ovens, or other cooking equipment.
- Assist in serving meals, paying particular attention to portioning, garnishing and meeting Federal meal requirements on each meal served.
- Classroom management.
- Cultural diversities of the local area and the traditional Native American beliefs of students and families.
- Administer and provide emergency first aid services to children.
- Promote positive child behavior and a safe and healthy environment.
- Handle and maintain the records of students in a confidential manner.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Understand and respect the cultural diversities, and Native American traditional beliefs and practices, of students and their families.
Experience and Education Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities are qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Experience: Some related experience including public contact is desirable.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Level I Educational Assistant License from the New Mexico Public Education Department.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid First Aid certificate.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Food Handler's Permit, if required.
- Office and Field environment.
- Travel from site to site.
- Exposure to human body fluids and cleaning and/or sterilization chemicals.
Maintain physical condition necessary for:
- Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Moderate to heavy lifting and repeated bending
All Applicants must upload a copy of your High School Diploma or equivalency. All Applicants must also upload copies of ALL college transcripts to verify hours.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Contact Information
Friday, September 27, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)