Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RE-ADVERTISED - EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - SPECIAL EDUCATION (PCA) - ELEMENTARY
at Gallup Mckinley County Schools
To provide technical and advanced assistance to assigned specialist or professional in delivering the education plan, and meeting the goals and objections of the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) of assigned student(s).
**This position will be Prorated from the start date for the 19/20 SY.
Supervision Received and Exercised: Receives immediate supervision from assigned higher level staff.
Essential Function Statements - Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist specialist/professional in delivering the educational plan, and meeting the goals and objectives of the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) of assigned student(s).
- Assist teacher in implementing lesson plan; grading assignments and record keeping.
- Maintain appropriate files and records; attach all supporting documentation; ensure confidentiality of all records and files.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes; operates and cares for various audio visual equipment, and operates various office machines to prepare classroom materials.
- Assist with supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, lunch and field trips.
- Assist in providing special medical needs of students.
- Provide close supervision of students with behavior problems in the classroom, support the teacher's management system.
- Delivers educational services to children who are homebound due to health limitations, distance from school, etc.
- Assist physically challenged student(s) with eating, dressing, personal hygiene and mobility functions when needed.
- Prepare regular and special diet meals; operate choppers, blenders, mixers, and other equipment; and make adjustments to regulate ovens, or other cooking equipment.
- Assist in serving meals, paying particular attention to portioning, garnishing and meeting Federal meal requirements on each meal served.
- Daily travel from site to site, and from home to home.
- Classroom management
- Cultural diversities of the local area and the traditional Native American beliefs of students and families.
- Administer and provide emergency first aid services to children.
- Promote positive child behavior and a safe and healthy environment.
- Handle and maintain the records of students in a confidential manner.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance fo assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Understand and respect the cultural diversities, and Native American traditional beliefs and practices, of students and their families.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Some related experience including public contact is desirable.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Applicant must possess a Level III Educational Assistant license from the New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED).
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid First Aid Certificate.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Food Handlers Permit, if required.
Office and field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to human body fluids and cleaning and/or sterilization chemicals.
Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time; moderate to heavy lifting and repeated bending.
All Applicants must upload a copy of your High School Diploma or equivalency. All Applicants must also upload copies of ALL college transcripts to verify hours.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)