Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SY 19-20 SPECIAL ED BUS ATTENDANT -TRANSPORTATION
at Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Please notify Transportation for any questions regarding the position @ 505.721.1147 Jeff Bond.
Job Title: Special Ed Bus Attendant
Location: Gallup Bus Barn
Contract: 188 Days
GMCS employees: Transfer Request Form needs to be signed by supervisor and uploaded to your application.
Ride buses and help driver ensure safe and orderly transportation of students with disabilities.
High School Diploma Required / 4 hour training class/Physical on a DOT form/CPR, First Aide
Special Knowledge/ Skills:
Ability to follow verbal instructions and communicate effectively
Ability to operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment
Ability to work well with children with disabilities
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lift and carry students with disabilities on and off the bus according to their individual needs.
- Supervise students as they board and leave bus and cross street.
- Take children into building and help them find their way.
- Learn and adapt to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Manage student behavior and report student discipline problems to appropriate administrator.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on bus.
Routes and Schedules
- Become familiar with all routes to and from school campus to be of assistance to driver.
- Maintain an updated route schedule.
- Supervise use of seat belts, harnesses, or car seats by students.
- Follow emergency procedures and help driver administer first aid, if necessary.
- Operate equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, assisting students, etc.
- Become familiar with and follow procedures established by transportation and special education offices.
- Help driver keep bus clean.
- Work irregular hours as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Wheelchair lift, ramp, lock, and special needs adaptive equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and
pulling; moderate lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside; work around vehicles and machinery
with moving parts; moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle fumes.
Education: High School Diploma
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)