Gallup Mckinley County Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TEACHER - PHYSICAL EDUCATION - ELEMENTARY
at Gallup Mckinley County Schools
To deliver the District educational program by teaching students academic, social and motor skills according to State and District education standards and other appropriate agencies, and to provide equal educational opportunities for all students.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Receives general direction from the Principal or assignee.
May exercise technical and functional supervision over supervisory, professional, technical clerical, and volunteer staff.
Essential Function Statements - Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan physical education program to promote development of student's physical attributes and social skills.
- Prepare course objectives and outline from state and District curriculum guidelines or requirements.
- Teach individual and team sports to students, utilizing knowledge of sports techniques and of physical capabilities of students.
- Organize, lead, instruct, and referee indoor and outdoor games such as volleyball, baseball, and basketball.
- Instruct individuals or groups in beginning or advanced calisthenics, gymnastics, or corrective exercises, determining type and level of difficulty of exercises, corrections needed, and prescribed movements.
- Teach and demonstrate use of gymnastic and training apparatus such as trampolines and weights.
- Prepare, administer, and correct tests, and record results.
- Assign lessons, correct papers, and hears oral presentations.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to age appropriate learning.
- Keep attendance and grade records as required by District.
- Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional and activity purposes; operate and care for various audio visual equipment; operate various office machines to prepare materials.
- Confer with students, parents, and school counselor to resolve student problems.
- Select, store, order, issue, and inventory equipoment, materials, and supplies used in physical education program.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Perform all teaching competencies are required by the District/State.
- Teacher students with disabilities.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Training Guideline:
Any combination of experience and training that wouldl ikely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: One year of related work experience in a school setting is desirable.
Education: Equivalent to a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in appropriate educational field.
Licensure & Certificates: Applicants must have BA degree and possess or have ability to obtain a NM teaching license (New Mexico has an alternative licensure program for applicants who posess a BA degree or higher) and an endorsement for Physical Education; a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
Full and complete job descriptions available from the Personnel Department.
All GMCS schools are eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
All Applicants must upload copies of official transcripts or evaluation of foreign transcripts from any and all accredited colleges/universities attended by you for review in order to be considered for this position.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)