Rio Rancho Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19-20 Educational Diagnostician - POOL
at Rio Rancho Public Schools
Position for the 2019-2020 SY
This posting will create a pool of applicants. As openings become available, these applications will be reviewed and considered for interview.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
Current New Mexico Department of Education license appropriate to Educational Diagnostician
Effective organizational and planning abilities;
Professional written and oral communication skills;
Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding students, parents, staff, and school matters;
Ability to work collaboratively with school staff, parents, and other professionals
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides individual educational evaluations for students referred through the MDT;
- utilizes a variety of instruments to assess the educational and intellectual factors influencing learning processes;
- schedules time appropriately to provide adequate service to the school(s); provides a written report reflecting the results for educational placement and instructional strategies;
- serves as a member of the IEP committee as needed;
- consults with parents in gathering data for and interpreting results of evaluation and in making recommendations for educational placement and instructional strategies;
- establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, staff and administration;
- gather, maintain, and submit accurate, complete records as required;
- receive and maintain assessment materials and supplies as provided by the District;
- maintain continuous record of students evaluated;
- use and cooperate with support services offered by the District to aid the evaluation process;
- develop and maintain an environment conducive to valid assessment procedures when testing;
- take all necessary precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- maintain a professional relationship with colleagues;
- uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy;
- be punctual in meeting all school schedules;
- maintain and improve professional competence as required by District and state;
- demonstrate knowledge of essential subject matter related to student assessment and special education instruction;
- demonstrate effective use of oral and written expression;
- attend and participate in Department staff meetings, in-services, and other meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant must attach:
- Copy of Professional License (if you are not currently licensed, please attach a letter stating where you are in the licensure process).
- Copy of transcript from each crediting college or university
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Contact Information
|Title||Dir. of Secondary SE|
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)