Rio Rancho Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19-20 Physical Therapist POOL
at Rio Rancho Public Schools
Pool is for the 2019-2020 School Year
Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited college or university
Graduation from an accredited program of physical therapy.
Current New Mexico State Licensing Board license for Physical Therapy
The school physical therapist develops, implements and coordinates a physical therapy program within the local educational agency (LEA); providing screening, evaluation and intervention services. Skilled provision of physical therapy prevents injury (acute or chronic) of both students and educational staff.
Working with students with disabilities and serious health impairments, the physical therapist is expected to analyze risk, problem solve effectively and demonstrate a high level of professional judgment when recommending and providing services, making environmental modifications and training staff to manage physical needs at an appropriate level of supervision.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of physical therapy principles, theory, methods and evidence based practice.
- Knowledge of effective practice, clinical decision making, outcomes based intervention and their proper application in the educational environment.
- Knowledge of areas of practice specific to pediatrics, including child development and specific diagnoses.
- Knowledge of administrative management practices.
- Ability to plan, implement, administer and coordinate a physical therapy program, from eligibility determination to exit, within an LEA.
- Ability to select and administer appropriate assessment tools and interpret results of assessment.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of current legal mandates, including: Federal and State law, compliance issues, confidentiality requirements, funding procedures and requirements.
- Physical ability to execute job responsibilities that may include: transferring and/or lifting students or equipment, managing equipment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adhere to professional, ethical and legal standards of practice.
- Develop, implement and coordinate the physical therapy program within the LEA, including philosophy, vision, departmental procedures and goals.
- Evaluate students using appropriate tests, skilled professional observation and supplementary information from other agencies and records.
- Interpret assessment findings and appropriately convey information to parents and school teams.
- Participate with the school team to develop Individualized Education Programs.
- Develop and implement intervention strategies.
- Procure, maintain and inventory equipment, materials and supplies.
- Seek regular opportunities for professional growth.
- Provide clinical educational opportunities for students of physical therapy.
- Plan for transition from school to community, preparing student to function independent from therapy service when targeted outcomes are achieved.
- Communicate and consult with school staff, parents, administrators, physicians, community and other professionals.
- Serve as resource to parent, school team, staff and administration on disabling conditions and their effects on education.
- Collaborate with community based therapists and other healthcare providers for effective coordination of service.
- Assess need and recommend assistive technology necessary for function at school.
- Contribute to planning safe transportation of students with disability.
- Provide consultation regarding emergency evacuation of students with disability.
- Participate with improving school accessibility and planning environmental modification.
- Arrange physical environment of the activity area for optimum learning and safety of the students
- Provide accurate delivery of services to students within the scope of therapeutic assignment
- Use appropriate conflict resolution skills with students
- Maintain positive attitude and ensure therapeutic environment is conducive to student development
- Maintain documentation to assure accountability
- Maintain order in the therapy session
- Maintain records of student performance and attendance
- Complete required reports and present levels of performance data within prescribed time frames
- Attend motor meetings and in-service training activities for motor staff
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Provide regular communication with classroom staff, other ancillary staff and general education teachers on student progress
Work hours are established in employment contract. Additional work hours may be
required as scheduled by School Principal.
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
- One (1) transcript from each crediting college or university
- Copy of Professional License
An Equal Opportunity employer
Job Contact Information
|Title||Dir. of Secondary SE|
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)