Rio Rancho Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rio Rancho Public Schools
This is Short Term job posting for the 19-20SY
District Office-Maintenance and Facilities Department
Job Title: Maintenance (HVAC) Technician
Assignment: Facilities Department, Maintenance Services Team
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Trade or vocational school training.
- Must possess one of the following journeyman licenses.
- Journeyman gas fitter (License JG)
- Licensed low pressure boiler operator (BO1)
- Journeyman Refrigeration (License JR)
- Must possess an EPA refrigerant recovery certificate.
- Any combination of progressively responsible specialized experience in the commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning trade totaling six (6) years of certification or licenses:
- Sheet meal work
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning troubleshooting and maintenance
- Completed OSHA 10 hour General Industry Outreach Course.
- 2 years experience in the programming and operation of direct digital control (DDC) systems.
- Preference given to operators of Automated Logic WebCTRL system and or Trane Tracer Summit and ES systems.
- Basic electrical experience with 120v/208 single and three phase and 460 three phase electricity, including troubleshooting. Single and three phase and solid state.
- Basic experience with plumbing including knowledge of water valves, piping, circulating pumps and pressure relief valves.
- Extensive knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from sketches, diagrams and construction drawings; to make cost estimates of time and materials; to function as a consultant and/or inspector in areas of specialization
- Current New Mexico Drivers License with insurable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read mechanical and electrical schematics specifications.
- Must be able to perform heating and cooling work in a manner that satisfies requirements established in regulations and standards governing electrical work.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Performs troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance with a high degree of skill related to specialized maintenance work in the trade specific disciplines. Instructs, trains, leads and supervises less skilled tradesmen in the completion of trade specific work.
- Performs scheduling of events in DDC system.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Upon approval of supervisor purchases supplies as needed to perform work. Considers the purchase of materials that provide the best value to the district.
- Coordinates and performs quality control of contractors hired to perform plumbing maintenance repairs. Dispatches and schedules contractors for regular and emergency work upon approval by supervisor.
- Knowledge to implement Lock out - Tag out procedures
- Prepares job estimates and prioritizes materials, time, and labor, required to complete assignments in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Receives and accurately records all work performed in the district electronic work order system. Properly accounts for costs including hours worked, materials used and contracted services used to complete work order.
- Uses and maintains tools, equipment and vehicles assigned and assures that all is maintained and used safely as outlined by manufacturer and or preventative maintenance procedures.
- Performs all work using proper personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with Maintenance Safety Plan.
- Assists Maintenance Director in planning projects.
- Serves as a consultant to supervisor in areas of expertise.
- Complies with state-approved New Mexico Administrative Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession and the RRPS Employee Standards of Conduct and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations.
- Employee may be assigned other duties based on the needs of the district during the term of employment.
Work Hours: (8) Hours per day / 250 day contract. Supervisor may assign additional work hours.
Employee performs On-Call and Call-Back duties as assigned. Employee is required to perform Emergency Call-Back.
The following documents must be attached to complete this applicaiton:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Valid driver's license (please attach to the licensure field)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)