Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Sales Manager
at Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you're an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We are looking for a dynamic, hands-on leader to be our Regional Sales Manager (RSM) in Torreon, Mexico.
The Regional Sales Manager (“RSM”) will play an integral leadership role in generating consignments through sales and marketing efforts, including attracting consignors, evaluating and signing deals, managing contracts, and assisting the field sales staff in attracting bidders and buyers to the Ritchie Bros. sales.
Reporting to and working directly with the Divisional Vice-President of Sales (“DVP Sales”), you will take responsibility for achieving the regional annual Gross Auction Proceeds (“GAP”), Commission Revenue and Sales Contribution targets through the development of territory sales managers, new business development and key account management. All regional sales staff will report directly or indirectly to the RSM.
In this role you'll:
- Along with the DVP Sales, and in alignment with the corporate strategy, plan, develop and execute the annual regional business plan (Playbooks) and related sales growth strategies and tactics to deliver annually targeted and longer term regional financial performance.
- Work with the DVP Sales, the Corporate Marketing team and Territory Managers to formulate and execute on marketing strategies, objectives and initiatives that are aligned with the corporate marketing strategy.
- Manage the performance accountability of Territory Managers and other direct reports for the region including succession planning, career planning and compensation.
- Ensure all aspects of deal execution are carried out: price all risk deals, manage deal strategy and approvals, balance risk on deals including the consideration of longer term implications, resolve/approve value debt issues and participate in the preparation and presentation of all large customer deals.
- Manage and promote appraisal quality and accuracy as well as maintain set appraisal key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Own all customer contracts – their completeness and accuracy, policy compliance, timely delivery of equipment and titles/registrations, completion of repair orders and the execution of all other Ritchie Bros. contractual requirements.
- Serve as the lead in fostering a culture of clear direct communication within the region and throughout Ritchie Bros. so that roles and responsibilities are understood, inter-region and interdepartmental cooperation is encouraged, and employee engagement is maximized.
- Develop a strong partnership with the Regional Operations Manager (“ROM”) in your region to promote a high level of communication between the RSM and the ROM, including meeting regularly with the ROM to review overall financial performance for the region and develop plans to deal with problems or issues.
- Partner with the ROMs to deliver a consistent auction experience to our consignors, bidders and buyers by adhering to established auction policies and procedures and by championing best practice solutions.
- Ensure regional activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- o Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
- Working conditions:
- Spend 70% of your time travelling with your field sales team
- Overnight travel will be required
- Climb up and down on large construction equipment regularly
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here's what you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Commerce or related field and/or 10 years of related work experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing and/or directing a field sales team in a quota-driven business environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing sales initiatives and business plans to support evolving business goals, including delivering and executing sales growth strategies
- Strong business acumen: knowledge of business theory, business processes and operations, management principles and budgets
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills are essential
- A high degree of customer service orientation. You care about building authentic and long-lasting relationships with customers
- Previous experience working effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record
What we offer:
Our Territory Managers are the front line of our business, and are directly responsible for the generation of billions of dollars in gross auction proceeds every year. As we grow around the world, there are endless opportunities for strong salespeople to advance their careers – we've shown this over and over throughout our 60 years in business. Here's how:
- Base salary uncapped performance-based bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) / Pension Plan and Employee Share Plan, both with company matching
- Company car, laptop, smart phone, expense account
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program