Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Room Service/In-Room Dining Order Taker
at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi is seeking an upbeat and enthusiastic individual to join our In-Room Dining team as a part-time In-Room Dining Order Taker!
This is the communication link between the guest and the In Room Dining Department. Courteous and careful attention to details are essential to excellent telephone manners. Help the guest to select the tastiest dishes on the menu while increasing the profitability of the In Room Dining Department. Good salesmanship to help the guest order what they really want. Position requires a friendly demeanor over the phone that reflects providing the best guest experience.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
• Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
• To be completely familiar with all items contained in the In Room Dining food and beverage menu.
• To address the guest by name by looking at the telephone panel.
• To be clear and concise when communicating on the phone.
• To be organized and establish, through training, correct procedures in the formulation of the In Room Dining request.
• To inquire in advance the daily specials, soup-of-the-day other special, etc.
• To give special attention to the VIP guest and to provide anything concerning food and beverage items, and inform the Captain about the matter.
• To coordinate any special delivery by the In Room Dining Department.
• To recommend the other promotions featured in the hotel.
• Experience: Knowledge of Food and Beverage products, at least 1 year experience in order taking and Sales is preferred
• Education: High school diploma preferred
• General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.