Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
3rd Assistant Softball Coach (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
Upon offer of employment the candidate will be required to complete a background check, an online course pertaining to first aid and obtain a 1 year NM coaching license.
Job Title: ASSISTANT COACH
Reports To: HEAD COACH/PRINCIPAL/DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS/ACTIVITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has knowledge of existing system and State and NMAA regulations.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies approved by the Roswell Independent School District Board of Education and is responsible for their implementation.
- Has knowledge of the existing system, state and league regulations and implements them consistently.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperate within the school sports program.
- Recommends to the head coach budgetary items for next year in his area of the program.
- Monitors equipment rooms and coaches offices and authorizes who may enter.
- Is accountable to the head coach for all equipment. Collects the cost of any equipment lost or not returned and arranges for issuing and storing of equipment and submits to the head coach an annual inventory and current records concerning this equipment.
- Examines locker rooms before and after practices and games, checking on general cleanliness of the facility. Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of the specific equipment.
- Instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper usage.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sports events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites. Assists the head coach in scheduling, providing transportation to tournaments and special sporting events.
- Directs student managers and statisticians on respective games.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulation of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Determines student discipline, delineates procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary.
- By his presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each participant.
- Instructs team members as to changes in the rules and teaches fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the head coach.
- Assists the head coach in carrying out his responsibility.
- Attends all staff meetings and carries out scouting assignments as outlined by the head coach.
- Works within the basic framework and philosophy of the head coach of that sport.
- Arrives early enough before practice, contests and meetings to adequately prepare and remains long enough afterwards to help players with problems or to become involved in staff discussions.
- Never criticizes, admonishes or argues with head coach or any staff member within ears or eyes of players or parents.
- Helps in the planning and implementation of both in-season and out-or-season conditioning and weight programs as is possible.
- Attends most of the contests, when possible, or other teams in the program.
- Strives to improve skills by attending clinics and using resources made available by the head coach.
- Performs such other duties that are consistent with the nature of the position and that may be requested by the head coach.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive matters and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Work with a wide variety of individuals in a highly stressful environment.
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Communicate in well-organized oral and written forms.
- Report to work on time and evening /weekend hours are applicable.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate intellectual capabilities.
- Ability to deescalate students/parents/staff; listening/visiting with them about their concerns prior to them meeting with administrators.
- May be required to perform other duties/functions as directed by supervisor/principal and/or Superintendent.
Students in his charge.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. (PREFERRED)
- Current NM Teacher licensure. (PREFERRED)
- Current NM Coaching licensure.
- Valid Driver’s license and Insurance.
- Ability to drive from site to site as needed.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, all multi-media equipment including current technology.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hours work may is required. May be required to make home and site visits. Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resource Specialist|
Friday, August 16, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)