Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Band Teacher (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
Meet State Licensure Requirements.
A $44.00 background check is required upon offer of employment. A $125.00 license fee is required upon offer of employment.
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: MUSIC TEACHER
Reports To: BUILDING PRINCIPAL
General Job Description:
The vocal (choir) or instrumental (band, orchestra) teacher will develop students’ interest in an appreciation of music through teaching harmony and practical skills and placing music in historical and cultural context.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with District Music Facilitator regarding budget and schedules.
- Illustrate basic musical concepts (e.g. tempo and rhythm) through activities such as playing an instrument, singing, or listening to recordings in class.
- Design creative activities to allow students to experience different musical styles, interpret musical scores, and compose their own music.
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn.
- Provide aural training through the performance of music, talks, discussion, practical music, and written assignments.
- Introduce individual students to particular instruments and assess students’ needs in regard to instrumental training.
- Sets up and conducts school choirs, orchestras, and bands.
- Follow school and district policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline.
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Keep the instruments assigned to their buildings in good repair.
- Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, all multimedia equipment including current technology.
- Instrumental directors must have a working knowledge of the instruments they will be teaching, and choral directors must have a working knowledge of the piano.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive matters.
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Report to work on time and work no less than 7.25 hours per day.
- Work independently with very little supervision.
- May be required to perform other related duties/functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Current New Mexico Teaching license with Endorsements as needed.
- Valid Drivers’ license and Car Insurance if traveling from site to site.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required, unless ADA accommodations have been mutually agreed on and does not create an undue hardship upon the district.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions (blood borne pathogens, body fluids, etc.)
Page 1 of 2
Roswell Independent School District
MUSIC TEACHER (CONT’D)
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, multi-media equipment including current technology as needed.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise and temperature. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hours work may be required. May work under stressful conditions on occasion.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resource Specialist|
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)