Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cafeteria Substitute (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
If you are a full time in district employee you may do the internal application.
A $44.00 background check is required upon offer of employment.
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: SUBSTITUTE FOOD SERVICES WORKER
Reports To: FOOD SERVICE KITCHEN MANAGER
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Could be responsible for up serving area, serving food delivered in hot carts, cooking, cleaning, dishwashing, receiving groceries, and/or supplies and cashier duties depending on area of assigned to work, line server, cook and/or cashier.
- Supervise student helpers.
- Responsible for ordering supplies from main kitchens; (ketchup, napkins, etc.)
- Keeps area clean and neat.
- Informs Kitchen Manager of any needed repairs or equipment replacement.
- Responsible for cleaning all tables and benches. (School custodian cleans floors.)
- Responsible for counting in all food delivered to be certain there is enough to serve all students for the day.
- Must use correct serving equipment to assure proper portion sizes.
- Must also assure that each student who is served lunch receives required portions and classifications of required foods according to Federal Guidelines.
- Performs all job related tasks as required or assigned.
- Must work closely with all Food Service Employees, school Principal, School secretary and staff maintaining a friendly, courteous attitude resulting in a good working relationship with open lines of communication.
- Must insure a smooth running, inviting lunch environment for students, and maintain a friendly warm personality toward all customers.
- Operate Point of Sale Computer if required as a cashier and any other duties performed by a cashier, e.g. collecting on student accounts.
- Follow all HACCP guidelines.
- Attend all required training programs pertaining to food safety.
- Keep all Temperature Logs for coolers, freezers, and dry storage.
- Engage in self-development.
- Follow district policies and administrative rules and regulations.
- Maintain sanitation procedures.
- Complete required logs and/or paperwork with accuracy and timeliness.
- Knowledge of Basic mathematical functions.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive matters.
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and maintain accurate and detailed reports.
- Possess organizational skills.
- Be able to make sound decisions.
- Report to work on time and able to work anywhere from 2 to 7 hours as needed.
- Work independently with very little supervision.
- Obtain Food Service Professional Certification if required.
- May be required to perform other related functions as assigned by your supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must meet all city, state and district licensures and/or certifications as required.
- Current Driver’s license and Car Insurance (f traveling from site to site).
- School Food Preparation Experience preferred.
- Food Service Safety and Health Requirements.
- Basic mathematical, reading and writing skills.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), reaching, climbing, squatting, kneeling, have full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required, unless ADA accommodations have been mutually agreed on and does not create an undue hardship upon the district.
Page 1 of 2
Roswell Independent School District
SUBSTITUTE FOOD SERVICES WORKER (CONT’D)
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions (blood borne pathogens, body fluids, etc.)
- Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, all kitchen equipment as needed.
- Food and Non-Food Products
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise and temperature. Job responsibilities may require both inside and outside assignments. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without supervision and efficiently. Will be required to go from site to site as needed. After hours work may be required. May work under stressful conditions on occasion.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resource Specialist|
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)