Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Girls Head Golf Coach (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
Upon offer of employment the candidate will be required to complete a background check, an online course pertaining to first aid and obtain a 1 year NM coaching license.
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: HEAD COACH
Reports To: ATHLETIC COORDINATOR – HIGH SCHOOL/DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS/ACTIVITIES
General Job Description:
Responsible for all aspects of the Athletic program for their respective sport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has knowledge of existing system and State and NMAA regulations. Implements it consistently and interprets them for the staff.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the entire athletic policy handbook approved by the Roswell Independent School District Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Provides strong leadership for assistants and athletes in the program.
- Advises the activities director and recommends policy, method or procedural changes.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Assists the athletic director in scheduling, providing transportation, and requirements for tournaments and special sport events.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
- Maintain discipline, adjusts grievances, and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Established the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff.
- Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of over-all program.
- Trains and informs staff and encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments and results.
- Responsible for the quality, effectiveness and validity of any oral or written release to local media.
- Responsible for maintaining good public relations with news media, booster clubs, parents, officials, volunteers and fans.
- Promotes the sport within the school through recruiting athletes that are not in another sports program and promotes the sport outside the school through news media, Little League programs or any other feasible manner.
- Determine student discipline, delineates procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary.
- Gives constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
- Assists athletes in their college or advanced educational selection.
- Directs student managers, assistants and statisticians.
- Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to the athletic office within 24 hours.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athletic who is considered a participant.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
- Initiates programs and policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Is accountable for all equipment and collects the cost of any equipment lost or not returned. Arranges for issuing, storing, and reconditioning of equipment and submits annual inventory and current records concerning this equipment.
- Monitors equipment rooms and coaches offices, and authorizes who may enter issue or requisition equipment.
- Permits the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.
- Instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and its proper usage.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive matters and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Work with a wide variety of individuals in a highly stressful environment
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Report to work on time and evening/weekend hours are applicable.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate intellectual capabilities.
- Ability to deescalate students/parents/staff; listening/visiting with them about their concerns prior to them meeting with administrators.
- May be required to perform other duties/functions as directed by supervisor/principal and/or Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. (PREFERRED)
- Current NM Teaching license. (PREFERRED)
- Current NM Coaching license.
- Valid Driver’s license and Insurance.
- Ability to drive from site to site as needed.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, all multi-media equipment including current technology.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hours work may is required. May be required to make home and site visits. Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resources Specialist|
Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)