Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Assistant Nursery (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
A $44.00 background check is required upon offer of employment.
Candidate will need to pass an additional CYFD background check
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT (PRE-K-12)
Reports To: TEACHER/PRINCIPAL
General Job Description:
To provide opportunities for the teacher to attend to the individual needs of students. To provide assistance in preparing our student academically, socially, and physically to become positive, productive participants in the 21st century.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display a desire to work with students.
- Serve as a role model.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Assist licensed personnel in school environment when individual differences are respected.
- Respond to students as individuals.
- Help maintain cohesiveness in school environment.
- Assist with supplementary work for students and supervise independent study in the school environment.
- Use current technology for instructional management needs.
- Assist in maintaining students’ involvement in appropriate tasks.
- Provide assistance with individualized program materials.
- May assist students with personal hygiene activities such as toileting, diapering, and other personal care activities for students PreK to 2nd grade.
- Assist the teacher in compilation of educational materials, bulletin boards, and work centers.
- Work under supervision of certified teacher(s), prepare for classroom activities.
- Work with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assist individual children in need of special attention.
- Guide independent study, enrichment and/or remedial work setup by the teacher(s).
- Set up audiovisual equipment as directed.
- Assist with reading and/or storytelling.
- Assist small groups of students in the library and other settings.
- Participate in in-service training programs.
- Contribute to the welfare and effectiveness of the classroom(s), the school, and the district by adhering to high standards of performance and interpersonal relationships.
- Model acceptable social skills in working with students, teachers, parents and supervisors.
- Report unsafe or dangerous surfaces and/or conditions in hallways, restrooms, playgrounds, entrances, and classrooms.
- Respond to the unique needs of the special education student.
- May be asked to be in charge of the classroom for brief periods of time.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive matters and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Work with a wide variety of individuals in a highly stressful environment.
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Communicate in well-organized oral and written forms.
- Be able to maintain a neat, functional office that is inviting but professional, safe environment.
- Report to work on time and work no less than 7 hours per day.
- Work independently with very little supervision.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate intellectual capabilities.
- Other tasks as may be deemed appropriate and necessary by the immediate supervisor, principal and/or Superintendent.
- High School diploma or GED, additional education and/or training desirable.
- Possess or qualify for a New Mexico Level III Educational Assistance license.
- Experience in school environment preferred.
- Demonstrate aptitude for the work to be performed.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, all multi-media equipment including current technology.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hours work may be required. Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resources Specialist|
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)