Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Interpreter for the Deaf (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: INTERPRETER FOR THE DEAF AND HEARING IMPAIRED STUDENTS
Reports To: ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR SPECIAL SERVICES/DEAF/HARD OF HEARING TEACHER
General Job Description:
Under direction of Assistant Superintendent for Special Services to provide interpretation services between the teacher and the student.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend Class with assigned student for the purpose of interpreting classroom discussion and/or instruction for the Hearing Impaired/Deaf student.
- Implement lesson plans teaching strategies in collaboration with the classroom teacher.
- Communicate in clear and concise manner in oral, signed, and written situations.
- Read and understand student’s IEP goals and objectives to assure student is progressing.
- Provide a non-threatening learning environment.
- Ability to manage assigned student’s behavior.
- Collaborate with other professionals as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive matters.
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Report to work on time and work no less than 7.25 hours per day.
- Work independently with very little supervision.
- May be required to perform other related functions as assigned by your supervisor.
- Must hold a Current NM Public Education license
- Proficient in American Sign Language (ASL) and ASL finger spelling and proficient in Augmentative Communication.
- Two years working with Deaf and Hard of Hearing students preferred.
- Valid Drivers’ license and Car Insurance.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required, unless ADA accommodations have been mutually agreed on and does not create an undue hardship upon the district.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions (blood borne pathogens, body fluids, etc.)
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, multi-media equipment including current technology as needed.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise and temperature. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hours work may be required. May make site or home visits when needed. May work under stressful conditions on occasion.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resources Specialist|
Friday, May 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)