Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kindergarten Teacher (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
Meet State Licensure Requirements.
A $44.00 background check is required upon offer of employment. A $125.00 license fee is required upon offer of employment.
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: ELEMENTARY TEACHER
Reports To: PRINCIPAL
General Job Description:
Under the supervision of the principal the Elementary teacher will provide guidance and instructional experiences that are academically and developmentally appropriate for each student assigned to that classroom as well as other programs as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately demonstrate knowledge of the content area, approved curriculum and pedagogical skills.
- Demonstrating Knowledge of Students; Students’ interest and cultural heritage and Students’ special needs.
- Setting Instructional Outcomes; Suitability for diverse students, value, sequence, alignment, clarity and balance.
- Designing Coherent Instruction; Learning activities, instructional materials, resources and lesson & unit structure.
- Designing Student Assessments; Congruence with instructional outcomes and/or formative assessments.
- Creating and Environment of Respect and Rapport; Teacher interactions with students, including both words and actions.
- Establishing a Culture for Learning to include; Expectations for learning and achievement.
- Managing Classroom Procedures to include; Instructional groups, transitions, materials and supplies, and performance of classroom routines.
- Managing Student Behavior to include; Expectations, monitoring of student behavior and response to student misbehavior.
- Organizing Physical Space to include; Safety and accessibility and arrangement of furniture and use of physical resources.
- Communicating with Families or individuals; About the instructional program, about individual students and engagement of families in the instructional program.
- Communicating with Students to include; Expectations for learning for all students, directions for activities and explanations of content.
- Using Questioning and Discussion Techniques including; Quality of questions/prompts and student participation.
- Engaging Students in Learning to include; Grouping of students and structure and pacing.
- Using Assessment in Instruction to include; Monitoring of student learning, feedback to students and student self-assessment and monitoring of progress.
- Utilize student assessment techniques and procedures.
- Work productively with colleagues, parents, community members and administration.
- Utilize appropriate discipline strategies up to and including safely restraining students.
- Follow board policies and administrative rules and regulations.
- Take precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the school district, and report progress or lack thereof to parents in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings.
- Complete duties (hall, bus, etc.) as assigned.
- Leave adequate preparations for a substitute.
- Use and apply appropriate conflict resolutions skills.
- Demonstrate public relations skills.
- Use diagnostic data to improve instructional programs.
- Select, use, and interpret evaluation data.
- Be available to parents, students, administration, and peers outside the school day, if needed.
- Attend extra-curricular activities.
- Spend time beyond the school day grading, and recording papers, planning instruction, etc.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Be responsible for students on field trips.
- Act as a good role model within the context of the school.
- Understand and apply learning theories.
- Understand and participate in the development, use, and implementation of individualized education plans (IEP’s), individualized transition plans/SAT plans/504 plans, and Academic Improvement plans including making necessary modifications. Come prepared with data, grades and all pertinent information to assist the team in decision making.
- Account for assigned equipment and materials, providing principal with inventory.
- Serve as a member of the SAT as needed.
- Maintain security for and administer state required assessments.
- Be flexible and able to prioritize tasks and communicate in well-organized oral and written forms.
- Report to work on time and work no less than 7.25 hours per day.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate intellectual capabilities.
- Ability to deescalate students/parents; listening/visiting with them about their concerns prior to them meeting with administrators.
- Other tasks as may be deemed appropriate and necessary by the immediate supervisor and/or Superintendent.
May supervise educational assistants, practicum students, student teachers, and high school civic leadership.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Current New Mexico teaching license with endorsements appropriate for the position applying.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, all multi-media equipment including current technology.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hours work may be required. May make site visits when needed and appropriate. Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resources Specialist|
Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)