Roswell Independent Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Various Elementary Counselors (2019-2020) SY
at Roswell Independent Schools
Teacher Level 1 $41,000
Teacher Level 2 $50,100
Teacher Level 3 $60,000
Roswell Independent School District
Job Title: K-8 SCHOOL COUNSELOR
Reports To: BUILDING PRINCIPAL
General Job Description:
Under the supervision of the principal, the School Counselor will develop and provide a comprehensive school level guidance program based on the American School Counseling Association national standards and focused on the physical, social, intellectual, emotional, and vocational growth of each student.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a school level guidance program focused on the physical, social, intellectual, emotional, and vocational growth of each student.
- Coordinate activities in the guidance and counseling program.
- Provide information and facilitate guidance activities for students, staff, and parents.
- Serve as a consultant to the school and community.
- Provide individual and group counseling.
- Uphold the standards of the counseling profession.
- Assist in transition from elementary schools to middle schools.
- May provide prevention strategies which address current issues such as chemical dependency, student pregnancy, suicide, dropping out, and various forms of abuse.
- Provide educational and career counseling individually and in groups.
- Comply with all School Board policies and administrative regulations.
- Work with SAT Facilitator.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Determine guidance priorities based on local assessed needs.
- Evaluate the counseling program as needed.
- Work with other staff members to encourage the inclusion of all students in all school activities.
- Help to integrate the guidance and counseling program within the total school program.
- Establish and maintain contact with school and community resources.
- Assist others in their understanding of personal and social development.
- Serve as a resource to facilitate groups and presentations on pertinent issues.
- May interpret test results to student, parents, and staff.
- Assist teachers in identifying students who would benefit from counseling and provide feedback on referred students as appropriate.
- Participate in the development of policies concerning guidance and counseling.
- May facilitate conflict mediations.
- Report to work on time and work no less than 7.25 hours per day.
- Maintain confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Work with very little supervision.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Have organizational skills and be flexible and able to prioritize tasks.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
- Master’s degree in School Counseling or National Certified Counselor credential issued by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Current New Mexico Counselor license.
- Must hold a current Driver’s license and Car Insurance.
- Experience in public school teaching and/or related counseling experience.
Page 1 of 2
Roswell Independent School District
K-8 SCHOOL COUNSELOR (CONT’D)
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds), climbing stairs, reaching, squatting, kneeling, having full mobility of fingers/hands, and moving light furniture may be required, unless ADA accommodations have been mutually agreed on and does not create an undue hardship upon the district.
Safety and Health:
Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions, (blood borne pathogens, body fluids, etc.)
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, multi-media equipment including current technology as needed.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise and temperature. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. May need to make site or home visits as needed. After hours work may be required. May work under stressful conditions on occasion.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Human Resource Specialist|
Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)