Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Charge Entry Specialist PT 0.50
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Charge Entry Specialist PT 0.50
|Department:||Patient Financial Services|
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
CHARGE ENTRY SPECIALIST
PATIENT ACCESS DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR
Job Summary and Scope
Responsible for all functions of the Patient Access Representative. Enters charges to ensure the billing can go out timely. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. No patient care assignment.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Reviews daily charge forms for completeness and accuracy. Makes necessary system corrections.
- Follows up with appropriate personnel to obtain complete information.
- Performs daily audit again encounter forms and daily schedule review to ensure that all encounter forms have been received.
- Posts charges from encounter forms and hospital charges within a reasonable time frame.
- Reviews daily encounter forms for completeness and accuracy, following up with appropriate person(s) to obtain complete information.
- Assists in maintaining manuals, logs and other required documentation as required.
- Works with A/R team on follow-up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections.
- Answer phones and assist walk-in patients as needed.
- Perform visits to clinical service areas to interview patients or staff to obtain required information.
- Provide coverage for co-workers as needed or requested.
- Assist with special projects and assignments.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional servic
- There are no budgetary or capital requirements for this position
- Ability to use a keyboard and to read ICD, HCPC codes and CPT codes,
- Communicate with Supervisor on all problems you may be having with Charges
- Ability to work with other departments
- No special requirements.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Work Experience: NA
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements: Two years in the health care industry
- Position not supervisory in nature
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk