Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ER Tech PRN
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
ER Tech PRN
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN
Assist in the nursing and medical care of patients in the Emergency Department. Provide basic patient care; take and record vital signs to include temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake-output measurements. Provide oxygen therapy, phlebotomy, urinary catheterization, gastric lavage, suctioning, apply cardiac monitor as directed and supervised by ED physician or RN. Assist with fracture reductions, cast or splint application. Operates electrocardiographic (EKG) machine and gives exam to appropriate attending. Observe patient to ensure their safety and well-being; report observations to Charge Nurse or appropriate designee. Assist with activities of daily living (ADL): meals, ambulation, hygiene, linen change and toileting as instructed. Serve as a role model to promote the SRMC Values, a positive work environment and efficient, quality patient care. Report compliance or equipment issues to department Director or Charge Nurse. Ensure adherence to Hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignments may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
- Administer oxygen, apply cardiac monitor, obtain blood specimens, catheterize patient, and place NG tubes under physician order or nursing delegation following an SRMC protocol or guideline
- Answer phones, and operate computer systems
- Performs routine specialized non-invasive treatment procedures as required
- Perform EKG’s
- Obtain test and patient information from patient requisition forms; submit test results to physician for interpretation
- Transport patients, collect, label, and transport specimens, equipment, supplies, charts, and materials, to include arterial blood gas specimens
- Assist nursing staff/physicians in complicated treatment procedures
- Splint as directed
- Maintain equipment, stock supplies and transport patients
- Promote team work and patient care in hospital setting by operating computer systems, perform a variety of clerical duties in support of assigned area to include data entry, answer phones, enter orders, assist as needed, and maintain files and other related duties
- Observe patient to ensure their safety and well-being; report observations to Charge Nurse or appropriate designee
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADL): meals, ambulation, hygiene, linen change and toileting as instructed
- Provide basic patient care; take and record vital signs to include temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake-output measurements
- Educates and advises patients on specific medical issues within established parameters
- May coordinate routine office activities and administrative functions in support of the unit
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks by taking vital signs, preparing for the procedures and assisting as appropriate
- Complete department specific competencies as required by department
- Assist RN's with application and monitoring of patients in physical restraints
- May assist RN's with response to medical emergencies within SRMC and on SRMC property
- May perform continuous one-to-one monitoring of high-risk patients under RN supervision
- Assist/perform patient transport utilizing wheelchairs, stretchers & beds
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
· Position doesn’t have the scope of decision making, budget, assets and planning responsibilities.
· Contacts are normally made with others within UNM-Sandoval, including patient and their family contact.
- Knowledge of the skills needed in the field of polysomnography
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluation for customer satisfaction.
- Good time-management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cooperate and interact with co-workers.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One of the following: Nursing Assistant Program Graduate, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Tech program graduate (includes experience required), completion of Accredited/Hospital Sponsored Nursing Tech Course, successfully completed approved EMT-Basic, Nursing Tech Challenge.
· CPR Certification or must obtain within 30 calendar days of date of position
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related program
- 2 years ER, ICU or acute care experience and or
- 2 years pre-hospital experience with an EMT-I
- Demonstrate a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team
- Respond to co-workers with concern and promote group morale.
- Maintain an effective and courteous working relationship with patients and other staff members through the use of appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Protect the confidentiality of employee and patient information.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and a post offer drug screen.
· Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
· Tuberculin Skin Test required annually.
· Hospital required vaccinations
· Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment
- Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne/airborne disease.
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk.