Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mammography Tech Pt 0.50
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Mammography Tech Pt 0.50
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
Job Summary and Scope
Provide patient services in a hospital setting. Perform Mammographic procedures for Diagnostic Radiology, apply principles of radiation protection and play role in the MQSA standards as required. The delivery of quality service and positive interaction with customers is critical to the completion of all tasks. Serve as a role model to promote the SRMC Values, a positive work environment and efficient, quality patient care. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Perform x-ray evaluations as per protocol and by medical provider orders; ensure proper documentation via Mammography Information System
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Maintain compliance with regulations and procedures per MQSA guidelines
- Complete department and hospital records for billing and procedure monitoring, participate in quality assurance programs, maintain records per MQSA guidelines,
- Use proper procedures to ensure quality results from imaging equipment
- Maintain stock supplies and assist in determining quantities for purchase
- Determine appropriate methodology and techniques to use in administering procedures; calibrate and adjust equipment as appropriate; arranges immobilization and/or support devices for proper patient positioning; adjust shields;
- Prepare patient for radiographic procedures as appropriate to requirements; evaluate patient’s condition; explain procedures to patients and position patients as appropriate to prescribed procedure; assist patients at end of procedure
- Prepare digital images for viewing by medical provider
- Prepare facilities in accordance with procedural requirements; prepare medicine and materials as required; cleans and disinfects equipment in accordance with sterile procedures and standards
- Perform or assist with preventative maintenance, quality assurance, and minor equipment repair
- Assist in interdepartmental service coordination
- Instruct specific units of didactic and/or clinical education as required to students, clinical staff and residents
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety by identifying and reporting/correcting environmental conditions and/or situations that put a patient or employee at undue risk such as medical errors, and/or near misses
- Follow patient safety -related policies, procedures and protocols.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Position doesn’t have the scope of decision making, budget, assets and planning responsibilities.
- Skill to communicate and interact with patients, families, physicians and staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be aware of and sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Skill in applying independent judgment
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and irregular hours
- Ability to interpret and assess data effectively
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments
- Ability to be aware and respond to patient needs
Education: Graduate from an accredited radiology program
- Radiologic Technologist Certification (RTC) in State of New Mexico
* ARRT-M certificate in Mammography registry within 6 months of position
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (Radiography)
- CPR within 30 days of employment
* Obtain IV verification w/in 3 months of position
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- One (1) year directly related work experience
- Job is not supervisory in nature
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference checks and a post offer drug screen.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Tuberculin Skin Test required annually
- Hospital required vaccinations
- Hospital required competencies
- Typical office and/or patient care, acute care hospital environment.
- Must be able to travel locally between facilities and within the surrounding community.
- Occasional exposure to minimal physical risk
- Extensive travel
- Substantial overtime
- Evening meetings
- On-call status
- Exposure to contagious disease
- Exposure to chemicals
- Heavy lifting
- Constant standing
- Extensive close work
- Extensive computer work
- Dealing with hostile, upset people
- Dealing with grief and sorrow
- Exposure to Radiation